Wednesday 28 December 2011

WITCHES BREW

We're having a friend over tonight so I decided to make my
own witches brew. :D
(i.e. I use whatever I got in the cupboards.)
I never throw away cider because you can drink it warm and
it doesn't have to be fizzy, we rarely drink and we had a bottle
that's been waiting in the cupboard for some time.
I put it in a pot and added some whole cloves, three cinnamon
sticks, saffron, fresh grated ginger and some brown sugar and
boiled it for about 10 minutes.
It turned out quite well, they gave me thumbs up, I do think I
should have added a bit more sugar, in Sweden cider is often
sweet and here in England it's not.
Have to remember that for next time...

Sift before drinking.



3 comments:

Vintage Coconut said...

I wish you could send me a mug in the mail! LOL
I bet it was delicious!

Miss Rascal said...

Lol! Yeah, would so do. :))

vintage_kitten said...

It looks delsicious and warm.I'm getting sick of my normal hot tea.lol.