Monday 20 February 2012

REVAMPED BLING BOX

Revamped the inside of this box the other day.
I found it at the antique market for 20 pence.
I got too much jewellery for my own good and
I’m always in need of nice storage.
It used to be a bridge box, I didn’t throw away
the stuff that was inside, I donated them to the
vintage charity shop I’m working in.



So what did I do?
I removed the sheet in the lid and replaced it
with some girly wrapping paper, I glued it on
to a piece of stiff paper, it was a bit see through
and then glued it to the lid.
I also glued white pieces of felt onto stiff paper
and placed them in the compartments. I didn’t
glue them on the bottom, I might want another
color on the felt, haven’t decided yet...

BEFORE


AFTER

5 comments:

Vintage Coconut said...

Great idea :)
Cute little jewelery box for a teeny tiny price!

Mick said...

very nice! have you ever thought of using old "silver service" boxes?!

Miss Rascal said...

Vintage Coconut: Thanks! I made a craft box for road trips a few years back from on old film slide box, boxes like these are great!

Mick: Yes, of course! :D
I store my Coro confetti sets in boxes like that because they already look glam, they are perfect. Just have to take the bits out of them first.

Zizzi said...

SNyggt!

doradadama said...

You creative minx!
love your revamps.