Thursday 13 September 2012

JACKPOT

OK, I must begin this post by warning you about an
insane amount of pictures.

I think we really hit the jackpot at two of our favorite
car boot sales during the weekend.
We woke up damn early both days without setting the
alarm so we decided to go after a cup of coffee.

This is just some of the things we dragged home...

SATURDAY
 
1960's case, 50 pence.
It's too small to be a suitcase and too big to be a vanity case, so 
what do you call this then?
Anyway, this one is perfect for storage, I need it for my collection 
of sunglasses.

1960's suitcase, 50 pence.
I've had a few of these Polynesian style suitcases on my favorite 
list on Etsy but it was way too pricey and the shipping was out of 
this world so you can understand that I was happy to snag this one.

Vintage huge knitted shawl, £1.
I promised myself to stop wearing my ugly
fleece robe in winter time so this will be the 
replacement. It's really huge.

Knitted Scandinavian style cardigan, 50 pence.
I wanted this last year when I saw it at Primark but I 
didn't feel like spending whatever it cost back then.
Awesome knitted stuff comes to she who wait. :))

Vintage sequin vest, 50 pence.
Another thing I've wanted for a while. :D

SUNDAY

 
Thierry Mugler Alien Perfume, £3.
Score! There's about 20 ml left but still a bargain since I don't
use it unless it's autumn and winter and a special occasion.

Vintage Bambi, 50 pence.
Another one to the collection.

1940's beaded purse, £1.
I've been sorting my collection of small handbags and purses because 
I have way too many and what do I do? Yeah... I buy another one.

1950's handbag, 50 pence.
Did I really need this one? Don't know but it was 50 pence. :))

Reverse carved bangle, 50 pence.

Necklace, 50 pence.
I got one in bone color and I love it, I bet this one will
be well worn next spring and summer.

1950's knitting bag, 50 pence.

Vintage Pyrex dish, 50 pence.
Another thing we don't really need but couldn't resist.
My man love the pink shade. :))

1960's string and scissor wall holder, 50 pence.
I already have two string holding cats but how could
I resist this owl who looks like it got glasses on?

1950's little brush set, 20 pence.
Too pretty to resist!

1950's vanity case, £2.
My man got this for me, it's in unused condition but the white
plastic has started to go yellow. I still love it.

Vanity case inside.

1950's metal wicker handbag, £1.
I actually haggled it down to £1 from £1.50 and on the
inside I was jumping with joy.
I got a metal wicker handbag in a silver tone at Hemsby 
for only £7 a few years back and I wanted one in gold 
but these have gone quite pricey lately. 
Too bad it doesn't show it's true gold tone.

Bag inside.

1960's jewelry box, 40 pence.
I always need these...

Jewelry box inside.

5 comments:

Vintage Coconut said...

Alright seriously you scored the MOTHERLOAD of vintage greatness. I totally love the suitcase and who knows what case.
That shawl is AMAZING.
And the scandinvian cardigan for 50 cents "My God" a total steal
You bambi's so sweet.
Fabulous deals on the bags and jewelry.
The owl is so cute n funny!!
I am obsessed with any sort of vintage jewelry box.

I would have been so over the moon with happiness if I had found all the stuff you did. I probably wouldn't have been able to talk properly for at least a few hours. *lol*

Chrissy88 said...

What a great haul! My favorites are the pink pyrex and the scandanavian sweater.

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

TOO. MUCH. FABULOUS.

Kathleen said...

That handbag is a keeper. So pretty and 50 pence!

Lottie Lee said...

Oh my gosh what beautiful finds! I LOVE the 50p 1950s suitcase, 1940s beaded purse, and pink pyrex dish especially! My local goodwill & salvation army store aren't stocked nearly as well! (I think there's some retro-wannabes working at them that snag all the good stuff when it comes in! But that's just my conspiracy theory!) Keep up the lovely work with your blog!

Stay Glamorous!
xxx Lottie Lee

http://www.vintagewarbride.com