Tuesday 7 September 2010

BAKED APPLES

I'm always looking for a good and easy apple recipe.
Nothing taste as nice as apples and cinnamon during
autumn, and I tell you, I can eat myself silly when it
comes to that combination.

Mother in law got the best darn apple tree there is,
and we're joking, saying the apples taste so good
because they grow within the Eruv.
I don't know how many kilos we'd picked lately but
I sure made good use out of what we got and there's
still have a lot left.

Here's a recipe for baked apple slices that's really
easy and of course, frugal.
Well, in this case they aren't baked in the oven but
cooked rather quickly in the microwave.
I recently I started cooking up apples this way and
now we have it for dessert almost every night.

You need:
4 cooking apples
1 Tbsp brown sugar
A sprinkle of cinnamon
A dash of water

As you slice up the apples, check for their flavor.
If they don't taste good raw, believe me, they aren't
going to taste good cooked.

How to make it:
Peel and slice the apples.
Put the apple slices in a tray.
Add a dash of water, you don't wanna dry cook them.
Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
Add a light sprinkle of cinnamon.

(I don't like my apples too sweet, if you do, feel free
to add more sugar on yours.)



Bake in the microwave oven for about 5 - 7 minutes
on high heat.
I suggest you start out with 5 minutes and testing for
doneness with a fork.
If it needs more cooking time, give it more.
If you use more apples, you will probably need to cook
it a little longer.

When done serve warm with whipped cream on top, or
with vanilla ice cream on the side or just as they are.

Serves 1-2.


Enjoy! <3

5 comments:

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Thanks again for yet another yummy looking recipe! :)

Miss Rascal said...

I do my best. :)

Annie S said...

I actually made this yesterday. :) It's soo good!

Antonia Glavic said...

Delicious! I am having a dinner party this weekend and this has certainly made it onto the dessert list. I've done it with figs, but not apples. Served with marscapone cheese. Amazing.

http://antoniaglavic.blogspot.com/

Cup Of Kitten Tea said...

I had this for my dessert last night, it was wonderful, thank you xo