Saturday 28 February 2009

I MAKE MY OWN CEREAL

I had cravings for cereals the other day, I mostly eat oatmeal
in the morning, I had a look at the ingredients on a packet of
crunchy cereals at the supermarket and all I see is sugar, sugar
and more sugar. The price wasn't very appealing either.

So I decided to make my own cereals like I did when I was
living on the minimum in Stockholm.

You'll need:
3 tablespoons of honey
2,5 deciliter (1 cup) of oats
A hand full of whatever you like, for example: pecan nuts,
coconut flakes, dried fruit, almonds...
You can also add some seeds like sesame seeds or line seeds
if you desire, it's very good for the digestion.

Take the honey, put it in a heated pan, low heat, then add the
oats and the stuff of your choice.
Stir it all together on low heat for a minute or two, make sure
the oats mixes well with the honey.
Let it cool off, serve with yoghurt.
Enjoy!

(This mix will last you for a couple of breakfasts so store in a
plastic container in the fridge.)


I used pecan nuts and line seeds.

8 comments:

Lo said...

Det här måste jag testa! yummy..

Miss Rascal said...

Billigt som tusan och enkelt. :)

Unknown said...

mmm that looks so good! I make homemade granola bars for the hubby and I for breakfast, it is ALOT cheaper and way better for you than store bought stuff, I will have to try your recipe!

Kelly said...

Ooo, I was thinking of doing this today and was actually about to go find a recipe after reading some blogs!

Are the oats in this recipe old oats, I'm assuming?

Miss Rascal said...

Heather: Yeah, it's not only better for you, it's a satisfaction to make stuff yourself too. :)
Try it out and let me know what you think.

Kelly: How perfect. :)
Yes, the oats is the dry kind.

Kelly said...

oh geez, I wrote "old oats" instead of "rolled oats"

fröken lila said...

låter jättebra! jag äter ju müsli varje dag som frukost, och har tänkt göra egen ganska länge...

You will eat it and you will like it said...

Nothing beats home made granola - it's delicious, good for you and a joy to give away. After hours of experimenting and the yum result I arrived at, I should eventually put pen to paper and share my recipe with you guys. Meanwhile, check this grand idea out: www.minmusli.nu