Sunday 22 August 2010

FUN WITH APPLES

My frugal mission is continuing.
We picked a whole lot of apples from my mother in
laws back garden the other day and today I made
use of them, big time!
I made two cakes and a batch of chunky apple sauce
with light brown sugar and cinnamon to have with
my porridge or as a dessert.



Here's the recipe for the apple cake I made.
(You get one cake out of this recipe.)
It's a "skinny cake" so you might think it will be a bit
dry since there's no oil but it actually stays nice and
moist because of the amount of apples.
I got 10 pieces, each one contains about 95 calories.

You'll need:
2 eggs
2 dl light brown sugar
2 dl flour
1,5 tsp baking powder
4 tsp cinnamon
4 apples


This is what you do:
Put the oven on 175 degrees °C.
Use a round baking tin with detachable bottom.
Peel the apples and remove the core, grate one of
the apples roughly and slice the other three.
Whisk eggs and sugar thoroughly with an electric
whisk.
Mix the dry ingredients and pour it into the egg
mix and whisk until smooth.
Add the grated apples and mix well.

Put the apple slices in the bottom of the tin, add
the cake mixture then put the rest of the apple
slices on the top of the cake.
Bake in the middle of the oven for about 30 min.



Enjoy!

5 comments:

Zizzi said...

Vi har precis plockat massa äpplen i trädgården och jag ska nu baka paj, så det här kom ju i perfekt tid! Vi har även plockat massa rabarber, men de tror jag att jag fryser in till vintern, så vi kan njuta paj då också.

ina said...

Låter gott! Det skall jag göra bara vi får färska äpplen till Finland...

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Looks delicious. I have printed this out and popped it in my recipe book for when I get some apples :)

Miss Meiow said...

Mmmm I have to make this! Looks delicious ;)

jewlover2 said...

I'm looking to borrow recipes from my favorite vintage inspired bloggers to start doing a 'cooking' series on my youtube channel. I might just take this one...while giving you due credit of course.

xxoo