Friday 30 September 2011

I'LL BE LOOMING

Remember the 1950's loom my man scored last Saturday?



There were two booklets in the box and here's some of the
stuff I would love to make one day when I get the hang of it.
To be honest, I never thought you could make anything but
scarves on a loom. You learn something new everyday...


Slippers!
The pair on the left really got my attention.


Purse and belt.
My Bakelite belt buckles will come in handy soon... :)


More bags.
So pretty, this will take some practise before I even
consider giving it a go.

6 comments:

doradadama said...

oh wow! these are all fab.
forgot to say you have great taste in flowers.
loved your lipstick holder too.

Vintage Coconut said...

Ohhh those slippers look so cute, I like the ones on the left too. And the belt and handbags... OH GOSH!! (I need to find a loom) I purchased something like that a few weeks ago but it's for placemats and coasters I think.

Kally said...

I have one of these too that was my aunt's, it's sitting in a box on top of my wardrobe. Might have to pull it out and have a go at making something!

Miss Rascal said...

La Dama: Thanks sweetheart! :)

Vintage Coconut: Yeah, you really need to find a loom and I gladly share the instructions with you.
There were more instructions, egg and tea cosy and placemats.

Kally: Ohh! Neat, we can be looming buddies. :D
Do you have the booklets too?

vintage_kitten said...

how cool.those slippers would be neat.I like the tie up ones.

Kally said...

I'll pull it out and see, I'm not sure what's there. I hope so!