Monday 27 December 2010

MY HEART'S NOT IN IT

I want to have bad cravings for sewing because
I really have none at all this very moment.
I made a start by cutting pieces from this cute
1940's pattern I got in the mail last week but I
got bored after just cutting the back piece and
the sleeves.
I just don't have the patience and piece of mind
it seems. My heart's not in it.

Any ideas about this dry spell?
How do you start yourself up again?
I only ask because I know you're all very smart
and your comments means a lot to me.


This is the pattern I want to use.
I imagine the fabric below, pink bias around the
edges and maybe pink ric rac somewhere.
Pink or perhaps green vintage buttons, but that
is as far as I've gone with this project, imagining.


This is the fabric I want to use.
I found these wonderful vintage curtains about two
weeks ago in a charity shop, 4 lengths for £4.

3 comments:

Dolly Cool Clare said...

I think the best thing you can do is step away from the project for now and start something new. You can always come back to it in a few weeks/months when you get inspired again. If you are just not feeling it then it wont be your best work and you wont feel happy making it. I often find when I get 'craft block' the best thing to do is to look at lots of your favotite old reference magazines, books and super creative sites like Etsy to get some inspiration, and then go and get some materials and make something new - something you have never tried before that will be fresh and excite you to make it..maybe time to give that casting a try... :))

Ivy Black said...

I always put it to one side and go and do something else instead...the urge soon returns! I agree with Dolly Cool Clare...I go off and see what everyone else is up to, there's plenty to inspire on Blogger alone. Put it away for a bit and you'll soon come back to it.xxx

Zizzi said...

Din sy-feber kommer snart tillbaka! Jag lovar! Dressen kommer att bli urfin! Och du har ju hela vintern/våren på dig. Kram cissi