Monday 11 July 2011

A REVAMP TUTORIAL

I think a step by step revamp tutorial is in order.
So I found this hair grip in a box of old junk at the
Friday market and I fell in love instantly.
I do have a lot of hair on my head and this grip is
way too narrow for me to wear so I came up with
this idea...


So here's the hair grip before.


Rusty spring, not so nice, this got to go!


And so must the teeth.


I used my little hobby pliers to do this, cut as far
down as you can.


Everything is cut off and sanded down so there's
no sharp edges. I used a semi fine sandpaper.
Don't forget to clean it afterwards.


Glue hair clips onto the back of the flower and
leave it to dry for a few hours.
I used a multi purpose glue.


Prepare two pieces of felt by cutting them to size
and glue with a glue stick on one side of the felt and
leave it to dry.
When the glue under the clips and the felt is dry
put the multi purpose glue all over the back of the
felt piece, over the area where you used glue stick,
open the clip up and place the felt pieces in between,
close the clip and leave to dry.


Done! That wasn't so hard now, was it?


Now it's up to you if you want to use one or two in
your hair.

You can also make this into a brooch, just add a pin
instead of a hair clip.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

That is totally cute! What a great idea.