Friday 22 July 2011

TO THE LAST STALK

I must say that I'm one of those lucky girls who gets a
fresh bunch flowers every now and then, I got a quite
romantic fella. (And he likes the hugs and kisses.)
As we all know, flowers don't last forever, but I want
them to make this home look even prettier for as long
as they possible can.
When I see them get sad I don't throw them away, I
do throw the very sad ones away (in the compost, of
course) but the rest I try to salvage.
After all these years hunting vintage in charity shops
and car boot sales I've managed to snag some neat old
vases in various sizes, which makes this flower salvage
thing even more fun.

Here's what makes our home look pretty at this very
moment...


Chrysanthemum and Carnations cut in different heights
to make it look all lush and plenty.
Here in a 1960's vase. Find from August 2010.


Carnations cut down to the very last centimeter of the
stalk the ones in the middle has got a bit longer stalk.
Here in a 1930's dessert bowl. Find from December 2009.


Here's a beautiful exotic bunch I got the other day and
it's really brightening up our kitchen table at the moment.
You can't really see it but I put them in a big Fiesta Ware
pitcher. Find from January 2011.

2 comments:

Vintage Coconut said...

Gorgeous flowers! I have aquired some nice vases recently.. I just need to get me some flowers to stick in them. lol

Miss Rascal said...

Thanks hun. It's summer, get your bike out for a little ride and pick flowers along the way.